This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.20.17
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 47 degrees and wind chill values between 20 and 30 early. It will also be breezy, with a west wind 17 to 21 miles per hour, gusting as high as 32. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 30. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 57. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high temperature mid-morning around 52 degrees and a 40 percent chance of rain before 11 a.m.
• Our Season of the Sol feature this season highlights the work of Leah Oppenheimer, outreach director for the Children’s Musuem of the East End, and her tireless advocacy for young Latino learners. Read Dave Davis’s Season of the Sol online here.
•The East Hampton Town Energy Sustainability Committee is hosting a presentation on the new South Fork Peak Savers program, an initiative to help reduce peak electricity demand on the South Fork, this evening at 5 p.m. at East Hampton Town Hall. Members receive free NEST thermostats and discounts on variable speed pool pumps. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The Amagansett American Legion Hall, 15 Montauk Highway in Amagansett, will host a blood drive today from 11:45 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
• Turkey Trots are happening Thanksgiving morning in Mattituck and Montauk.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your very own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:40 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:48 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Greenport: 11:17 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:01 a.m., 12:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:12 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:24 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:31 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:58 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:25 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:33 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
Greenport: 12:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:40 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1:10 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:17 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:35 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.