• Today will be cloudy, with a high near 47 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30 early. Skies will clear slightly overnight, with a low around 31 degrees. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 53 degrees and Wednesday will be mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 42.
• Southampton Town will hold groundbreakings today for two new workforce housing units on Moses Lane in Southampton and for the new Old Ponquogue Bridge public access pier. We’ll have more details later today.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin and his staff members will be available for one-on-one meetings with constituents today from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Riverhead Fire Department headquarters at 540 Roanoke Avenue. Walk-ins are welcome and no appointment is necessary.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell announced Friday that an inauguration ceremony for new and re-elected town officials will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 2 p.m. in the town hall meeting room. All are welcome to attend.
• We also heard from this season’s Southold Town Board candidate Mary Eisenstein late last week, with a message urging Southolders to participate in civic life. Read her letter online here, or send us your own letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear from readers!
• You’ve all been asking for it, and we’re going to deliver. The Proper Hamptonian, one of the favorite satirical features of our editorial pages, is now online. Our first installment: The Gropinator: The perfect gift for the sketchy man on your Christmas list.
• A special benefit holiday concert for the Southold Library’s Renovation Fund with Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could will be held this Thursday, Dec. 21 at the Southold High School Auditorium at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 per person or $75 for a family four-pack. Tickets are available online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:37 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Greenport: 10:14 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:08 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:09 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:36 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:43 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:56 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:19 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:27 a.m., 9:57 p.m.
Greenport: 10:56 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:51 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:03 a.m., 12:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:10 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:33 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.