• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers after 3 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 48 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 14 mph. Tonight will be cloudy, with a low around 34. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 9 a.m. on Wednesday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 41 degrees. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 38.
• Voters in Southampton Township will be electing a new town board member today to fill Brad Bender’s seat. Polling will take place at regular polling places throughout town from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Our coverage of the most recent debate between candidates Julie Lofstad and Richard Yastrzemski is online here.
• Greenport Mayor George Hubbard and Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell will conduct a state of the local government discussion panel tonight at 8 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. The event is free and open to the public. More information is online here.
• Columbia Care, which is opening a medical cannabis dispensary at 1333 East Main Street in Riverhead, is holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new facility this Friday at 11 a.m. Columbia Care was chosen as one of five providers of medical marijuana under Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Compassionate Care Act of 2014.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin is opening a satellite East End office at 30 West Main Street, Suite 201, in Riverhead on February 1. The office will be open every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., or by appointment by contacting 631. 209.4235. Mr. Zeldin is urging East Enders to contact the office to seek assistance with federal issues. His other district office is in Patchogue.
• The Amagansett Free Library has put together a podcast of their discussion last week with Bernie Sanders biographer and cartoonist Ted Rall. You can listen to the podcast online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on designating the North Sea schoolhouse a historic landmark, parking restrictions on Ocean Road in Bridgehampton and on the proposed CPF acquisition of the lands of Rivton Corp. in Eastport at their 6 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss grant priorities, water projects and audits at their 1 p.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.