• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45 degrees and a west wind 20 to 22 miles per hour. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 42 and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
• The North Fork Environmental Council is kicking off a new lecture series with a presentation by Kevin McAllister of DefendH2O on “Living on the Edge,” about local climate change issues, at the Jamesport Meeting House tonight, Jan. 27 at 6:30 p.m. The talk is free and all are urged to attend.
• The East End Arts Gallery’s annual non-juried, all media Elizabeth Richard Memorial Annual Members’ Show, this year themed “My Unique Style.” will open with a reception this evening from 5 to 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge’s third annual Light the Night Winter walk, a magically lit trail walk followed by hot cocoa and cookies in the nature center, will be held tomorrow, Jan. 28 from 5 to 7 p.m. More details are online here. [$5-$10]
• Chipotle Mexican Grill on Route 58 in Riverhead is also hosting a fundraiser for the Quogue Wildlife Refuge this Sunday, Jan. 29 from noon to 9 p.m. Bring in this flyer or tell the cashier you are there to support the Quogue Wildlife Refuge and 50 percent of the proceeds of your meal will go to the wildlife refuge.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell has announced that he will hold his annual State of the Town address on Thursday, March 2 at 6 p.m. in the town hall meeting room. all are welcome to attend.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get all the details in The Beacon’s events calendar, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next three days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 8:29 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
Orient: 9:30 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
Greenport: 9:58 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 953 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 11:20 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:27 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:33 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 9:08 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
Orient: 10:09 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Greenport: 10:37 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:32 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 11:59 a.m.
S. JPT: 12:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:10 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 9:47 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Orient: 10:48 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
Greenport: 11:16 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:11 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 12:25 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:32 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:49 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.