This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.22.17
ª Today will be sunny, with a high near 81 degrees and light and variable winds becoming south 6 to 11 miles per hour in the afternoon. We’re expecting patchy fog and increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 68. We’re expecting scattered showers and thunderstorm tomorrow, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Showers and thunderstorms are likely Saturday, with a high near 79, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 80.
• Noah’s Restaurant in Greenport is working with Cornell Cooperative Extension’s marine program on a special dinner tomorrow night, June 23, using an ingredient being grown in a pilot program throughout the Peconic Estuary: Kelp. Find out the details online here.
• Sen Restaurant in Sag Harbor is hosting an afternoon of sushi, sake and a silent auction to benefit the purchase of the Sag Harbor Cinema this Sunday, June 25 from noon to 3 p.m. The entry fee is $30 and items will be available for auction from shops throughout the village. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special board meeting to adopt resolutions accepting the town’s audited financial statement, CPF audit and file financial information with the Securities and Exchange Commission this morning at 10 a.m., followed by a work session in which they’ll review the draft agenda for tomorrow’s meeting.
• Riverhead’s Thursday town board work session has been cancelled.
• Author Kevin Fitzpatrick will discuss his book “World War I New York and the Centennial of Camp Upton” at Suffolk County Historical Museum tomorrow evening, June 22 at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton will host a free screening of “Larsonworld: Longhouse in East Hampton” tomorrow evening, June 23 at 8 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:42 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:50 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Greenport: 9:19 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:23 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:14 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:41 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:48 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:08 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:35 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:43 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Greenport: 10:12 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:18 a.m., 11:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:07 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:34 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:41 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:05 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.