• Yes, Yes, Yes, The Lion of Winter is planning to drop six inches of snow on the East End between late Sunday afternoon and mid-Monday. Happy March.
• Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor will be holding equity principal auditions for its 2014 Mainstage Season for productions of “My Life is a Musical,” “Conviction,” “Travesties” and “My Life is a Musical” next Sat., March 8 from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the theater. Artistic director Scott Schwartz, associate producer John Sullivan and associate artist Will Pomerantz will conduct the auditions.
• There’s still time to get in the car and head to Napeague for a walk through the “cheerless pines” with Rick Whalen of the East Hampton Trails Preservation Society. More information is online here.
• The South Fork Natural History Museum is leading a beginning birding workshop on Dune Road in Southampton this morning. More information is online here.
• The top-notch Cassatt String Quartet will perform tonight at the Jamesport Meeting House at 7:30 p.m. The program will feature the Dmitri Shostakovich Quartet no. 8, the Maurice Ravel String Quartet and Antonin Dvorak’s Cypresses. More information is online here.
• Today marks the one-year anniversary of the opening of the Suffolk Theater in Riverhead. They’re celebrating with a 1920s-themed bash at the theater. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.