This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.7.19
• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high near 41 and a west wind 5 to 9 miles per hour, becoming light and variable. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain and snow before 7 p.m. this evening, turning to snow between 7 p.m. and 4 a.m. The low tonight will be around 29. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow before 10 a.m. Wednesday, turning to rain between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., then mixing back with snow after 5 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 35.
• The East Hampton Town Board holds its annual organizational meeting this morning at 10 a.m., followed by a work session at which they plan to approve several resolutions at 11 a.m. at town hall.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a swearing in ceremony for board members this morning at 11 a.m, followed by its annual organizational meeting at noon.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. No public hearings are scheduled, but the meeting agenda is online here.
• When winter comes, the woods beckon. As the notion of a walk on the beach conjures up a biting chill and a windburned face in these coldest months of the year, the appeal of a walk through the East End’s woodlands is difficult to beat. We look this month at several great hikes throughout the East End.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton hosts a workshop on “A Taste of Improv” this evening at 6 p.m., introducing attendees “to the tenets of short-form improvisation through ensemble exercises, games, and imaginative scenarios.” More details are online here.
• Long Island Sound Senior Care’s Seniors Connect’s next weekly meeting will be held tomorrow, Jan. 8 at 10 a.m. at D’Latte at 218 Main Street in Greenport. Seniors are invited to come share ideas for LISSC programming to help seniors socialize, learn, volunteer and be active in the community. For more information, call Bette at 631.333.2837.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:07 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:15 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
Greenport: 7:44 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:21 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:39 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:06 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:13 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:56 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:05 a.m., 4:36 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:47 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:55 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Greenport: 8:24 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:08 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:19 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:46 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:33 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:44 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:53 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.