• Today will be sunny, with a high near 42 degrees and wind chill values between 15 and 25 degrees, with a northwest wind around 14 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 23. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 41 and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy.
East End Congressman Lee Zeldin continued to object to the certification of President-Elect Joe Biden’s victory in the wee hours of Thursday morning, even after a mob of Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol Wednesday afternoon. Here’s our full story.
• The federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management has released its draft Environmental Impact Statement for the South Fork Wind Farm, and is now accepting comments online here.
• Suffolk County reported 2,042 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Wednesday, with 11 percent of those tested testing positive. There are currently 829 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 126 of them in ICU. The county reported 12 new fatalities on Wednesday, bringing the death toll here to 2,388 people.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a listening tour for its Law Enforcement Advisory Panel, extension of outdoor dining permits and the 2021 schedule for the Riverhead Raceway at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss its Community Preservation Fund program at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda.
• The Long Island Cares Mobile Food Pantry will be coming to the Riverhead Free Library this morning, Jan. 7 from 11 a.m. to noon, and on the first Thursday of the month every month thereafter until June. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:10 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:18 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
Greenport: 4:47 a.m., 5:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:29 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:42 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:09 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:16 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:10 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:10 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:18 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Greenport: 5:47 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:29 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:42 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:09 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:16 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:09 a.m., 4:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet:2:18 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.