• Rain is likely today, mainly before 9 a.m., tapering off throughout the day, with cloudy skies, a high near 47 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. We’re expecting showers overnight, with possibly a thunderstorm, patchy fog, and a low around 39 degrees. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a steady temperature around 38 and Thursday will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 37.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss its 2019 CPF Management & Stewardship Plan, No Parking areas at Soak Hides Road and Three Mile Harbor Road and the town’s travel reimbursement policy at their 10 a.m. meeting this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the proposed acquisition of the Bel-Aire Cove Motel in Hampton Bays and several other CPF acquisitions, and on eliminating the Town Management Services Administrator position and adding duties to the Town Comptroller’s office at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss their 17 Point Pure Water Action Plan and board members’ goals for 2019 at their 1 p.m. work session at town hall this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southold Historical Society is partnering with Peconic Landing in Greenport on a Winter Lecture Series, which kicks off this afternoon, Jan. 8 at 4 p.m. with a talk on “The Art of the Eel” by Stephen N. Sanfilippo, who holds a Ph.D. in History. It promises to be an eclectic presentation on the history of eel fishing, to be accompanied by music and poetry. More details are online here. [Free]
• The Eastern Long Island Hospital Auxiliary is looking for new members, including Junior Members ages 15 to 18 to assist staff at the hospital. For more information, contact Foundation & External Affairs Vice President Linda Sweeney at 631.477.5498.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:14 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:22 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Greenport: 11:51 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:27 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:46 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:56 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:03 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:17 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:26 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:05 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
Greenport: 12:20 a.m., 12:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:06 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:15 a.m., 12:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:42 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:49 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:56 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:05 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.