• Today will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and a west wind 18 to 22 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy and breezy overnight, with a low around 25. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 35. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 29.
• Our The Homestead columnist Michael Daly takes an in-depth look this month at what it means to be a true Independent voter on the East End. You can read his column online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center and Rogers Memorial Library are partnering this winter for a community discussion of Paul Hawken’s book, “Drawdown,” which is billed as “the most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse global warming.” The discussion begins this evening. More details are online here.
• Journalist Karl Grossman, whose paternal grandparents settled in Sag Harbor more than a century ago, will discuss the history of Jews on the East End and their places of worship at the Rogers Memorial Library in Southampton tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. More details are online here.
• Two new theatrical productions open on the East End this week — “On Golden Pond” opens at the Hampton Theatre Company in Quogue on Thursday, and “Reasons to be Pretty” opens at the Southampton Cultural Center’s Center Stage on Friday. More details are online here.
• East Hampton residents can still sign up to save money solarizing their homes through the Solarize East Hampton program this year. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:05 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
Greenport: 12:20 a.m., 12:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:06 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:15 a.m., 12:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:42 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:49 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:56 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:05 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:28 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:49 a.m.
Greenport: 1:05 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:46 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:27 am., 2:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:34 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:36 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:45 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.