• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 71 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 14 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers overnight, mainly between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 65. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 82 and a 30 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Rain is likely Thursday, mainly before 2 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 64.
• The Eastern Region Helicopter Council has agreed to a public forum on helicopter noise this evening, Oct. 1 at 7 p.m. at Riverhead Town Hall. This is a time change — the meeting was originally scheduled for 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a vaping forum and hear a presentation of the town supervisor’s proposed 2020 budget at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning.
• The Riverhead Town Board Meeting and Community Development Agency Meeting originally scheduled for this afternoon at 2 p.m. has been rescheduled to tomorrow, Oct. 2 at 2 p.m. These meetings will be held in the Town Board Meeting Room, Riverhead Town Hall, 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead.
• The Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force will award the 2019 Helen Prince Award for promoting diversity, fairness and unity to Mrs. Sarah Benjamin, who has devoted her life to early childhood education, this Thursday, Oct. 3 at 6 p.m. at the Southold High School Library. All are welcome to come celebrate.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care and Recreation Center hosts a screening of “Girl Rising,” a feature film at the heart of a global campaign for girls’ education, this Friday, Oct. 4 at 6:30 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:29 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Greenport: 12:32 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:34 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:54 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:01 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:40 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:49 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:48 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:22 p.m.
Greenport: 1:25 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:26 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:20 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:47 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:54 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:01 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:41 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.