This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.11.18
• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, with a high near 76 degrees and a south wind 9 to 16 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 30. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch are possible and a flash flood watch is in effect this afternoon through late this evening. An additional 1 to 2 inches of rain are expected to fall overnight, with a low temperature around 61. Heavy rain is expected to continue Friday morning, with skies gradually clearing and a high near 65. We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day Saturday, with a 30 percent chance of afternoon showers and a high near 61 degrees.
• Environmentalists in East Hampton are celebrating an innovative program that has enabled the reduction of the spraying of Accabonac Harbor in Springs by 50 percent. Read more on our sister website, The Peconic Bathtub.
• Down at Estia’s Little Kitchen on the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike, an enterprising group of women have launched a beehive of an experiment: the first women-only co-working space on the East End. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss wildlife management in Sagaponack, the extension of water mains in Noyac and Town Supervisor and board member projects at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board’s weekly work session will be this morning at 10 a.m. Their agenda is expected to be posted online here.
• The East Marion Community Association will host a presentation of East Marion history, as revealed by its historic homes and artifacts along Main Road, and a discussion of how we can recognize and honor them, this Saturday, Oct. 13 at 10 a.m. at the East Marion Firehouse. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:54 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:02 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Greenport: 12:09 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:12 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:04 a.m., 12:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:31 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:38 a.m., 2 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:13 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:22 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:51 a.m.
Greenport: 12:58 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:59 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:53 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:20 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:27 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: Noon
Shinn. Inlet: 10:09 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.