This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.14.16
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 62 degrees and a north wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy frost overnight, but otherwise it will be clear, with a low around 31. Tomorrow will be sunny, with a high near 62 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 69.
• The Peconic Land Trust and the Long Island Farm Bureau added their voices Thursday morning to the chorus of environmentalists supporting this November’s ballot referendum extending the Community Preservation Fund to 2050. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• North Fork Audubon will host a presentation tonight by birder Pat Hanly on “The Falcons of North America and Beyond” at The Red House at Inlet Pond County Park at 7:30 p.m. More information is online here.
• Artist Scott McIntire will discuss “The World Around Us: Art and Nature” this evening at 7:30 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. This discussion is free and open to all. More information is online here.
• Southampton Town will celebrate the grand opening of a major expansion to Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays tomorrow, Oct. 15 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The day will be filled with events for families, including music and dance performances, street performers, pumpkin and face-painting, a petting zoo, local food truck vendors and a chance to see the new amphitheater and grounds. More details are online here.
• The Bridgehampton Fire Department invites the community to the firehouse at 64 School Street, Bridgehampton, this Saturday, Oct. 15, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., to mark National Fire Prevention Week. More details are online here.
• Community Action Southold Town, which provides food and assistance with housing, work and educational tools for Southold Town residents, is inviting the community to an open house at their new location at 316 Front Street in Greenport this Sunday, Oct. 16 from 2 to 4 p.m., with a ceremony at 2:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. Their new location is diagonally across Front Street from their old location.
• The Beacon’s Events Calendar is chock full of things to do throughout the East End this weekend and in the weeks ahead. Find it online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 7:51 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Orient: 8:52 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Greenport: 9:20 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:15 a.m., 9:36 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:42 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:49 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:03 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 8:34 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Orient: 9:35 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Greenport: 10:03 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:58 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 11:25 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:32 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:51 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.