• There’s a 30 percent chance of rain after 4 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 59, with a southwest wind 5 to 15 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, possibly mixing with snow after 3 a.m., then gradually ending, with a low around 33 but wind chill values between 25 and 30, with a west wind 13 to 18 miles per hour, becoming north after midnight. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 40 degrees, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 44.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the Southampton Ambulance’s budget for new construction at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their agenda is online here. The Riverhead Town Board’s work session this morning has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on a CPF acquisition, on legislation requiring cover crops on farm fields and on the town’s proposed $81.87 million 2020 budget, which carries a tax rate increase of 2.29 percent at its 6:30 p.m. regular meeting this evening. The full agenda is online here.
• Local journalist Karl Grossman will discuss “The History of Jews on Long Island’s East End” at the Suffolk County Historical Society’s Book & Bottle lecture series this evening at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society presents a lecture on “Wildlife of Southern Africa: South Africa, Botswana & Zimbabwe” with Dr. Bill White tomorrow evening, Nov. 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium at Peconic Landing in Greenport. More details are online here.
• The Oysterponds Historical Society presents a lecture on the history of rum running on the North Fork with collections manager Amy Folk this Saturday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:10 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:18 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Greenport: 6:47 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:26 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:42 a.m., 7 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:09 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:16 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:03 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:12 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:53 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Greenport: 7:30 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:12 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:25 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:52 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:59 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:52 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:01 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.