Pictured Above: Polish Town Sunset, Riverhead
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 53 degrees and a northwest wind 9 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 37. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain after 1 p.m. Thursday, with increasing clouds and a high near 57. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain before 7 a.m. Friday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 44.
• Here are the highlights of last night’s election results throughout the East End: Democratic Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith has been ousted by Republican challenger Yvette Aguiar; Southold races are tight; South Fork Incumbent Democratic Supervisors Hold On; Dems Sweep on Shelter Island. Our full story.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss recreation winter programming, deer management and a transportation recommendation for no U-turns on Love Lane in Mattituck at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board has two public hearings on its proposed 2020 budget — the first will be held at 4 p.m. and the second will be held at the board’s 7 p.m. regular meeting. Southold has proposed a $48 million budget, with a tax rate increase of 1.62 percent. The full agenda for the 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. meetings is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a budget hearing at its 2 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. Riverhead has proposed a $100.4 million budget, with a tax rate increase of 2.76 percent. The full agenda for that meeting is online here.
• Southampton Town’s East End Mental Health Awareness Initiative’s fall series concludes this week with a session on nutrition with nutritionist Jillian Kubala this evening, Nov. 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Avenue.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:21 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:29 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Greenport: 5:58 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:35 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:53 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:20 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:27 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:09 a.m., 4:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:18 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:10 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:18 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Greenport: 6:47 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:26 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:42 a.m., 7 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:09 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:16 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:03 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:12 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.