• There’s a slight chance of showers before 11 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy through mid-morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 67. The wind will be out of the west at 8 to 13 miles per hour. Saturday will be mostly cloudy early, becoming sunny, with a high near 56. Sunday is expected to be sunny, with a high near 50 and Monday is also expected to be sunny, with a high near 51.
• Southold’s Helicopter Advisory Committee will hold a public information meeting tomorrow, Oct. 17 at 9 a.m. at the Peconic Recreation Center to update the public on issues relating to helicopter use at the East Hampton Airport.
• Riverside Rediscovered and the Children’s Museum of the East End are hosting a free family event titled “Arts in the Park” at the little park next to the Peconic Paddler on the Riverside traffic circle tomorrow, Oct. 17, from 1 to 4 p.m. There will be art demonstrations, music by Trevor Hardin, dancing, environmental education and chess coaching with Chess NYC, as well as readings from Poetry Street.
• The Town of Southold is looking for input from the New Suffolk community on the land use chapter of the town’s Comprehensive Plan. A public forum on the issue will be held tomorrow, Oct. 17 at 10 a.m. at the New Suffolk School at 1295 Fourth Street in New Suffolk.
• The Baiting Hollow Farm Vineyard will host a benefit for the North Fork Animal Welfare League’s Riverhead animal shelter tonight, Oct. 16, from 6 to 9:30. Admission is $10 and includes a buffet. More information is online here.
• The Fifth Annual San Gennaro Feast of the Hamptons, originally scheduled for the first weekend in October, has been rescheduled to this weekend due to the nasty weather a couple weeks back. The weekend of Italian music, food, carnival rides, fireworks and street vendors kicks off tomorrow morning, Oct. 17 at 10:30 a.m. with a parade through Hampton Bays, and a fireworks display is scheduled for tomorrow night after sunset. The festivities continue on Sunday. More information is online here.
• This year’s Fiesta of the Arts at Guild Hall in East Hampton, on Sunday, Oct. 18 from 4 to 8 p.m., will feature programs celebrating Latino culture designed for young families, teenagers, and adults. The aim of this festival is to entertain and educate the whole East End community. [Free]
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.