• Today will be sunny, with a high near 62 degrees and a west wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. We’re expecting increasing clouds tonight, with a low around 46 degrees. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers before noon tomorrow, then it will gradually clear, with a high near 66 degrees. Saturday is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 58. and Sunday and Monday are expected to be sunny, with highs near 53 degrees.
• The Suffolk Times will host debates for Southold Town Board and Town Supervisor this evening, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. More information is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board plans to discuss a proposed “Speonk Commons” development project, a generator proposal and an update on CPF historic restoration projects at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East End Partnership for Youth is putting together an East End Youth Asset Map to provide young people and people who work in youth services with access to a network of organizations designed to help young people get a foothold on the East End. Southampton Town’s Youth Bureau is hosting an online survey here, or you can contact Kelly Miloski at Riverhead CAP at 631.727.3722 or email@example.com to provide information. The Partnership hopes to use the data to develop a mobile phone app for youth to access services.
• The Riverhead Town Board plans to discuss a rain garden on the Peconic Riverfront and the town’s ambulance barn at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on several CPF acquisitions and a scenic and conservation easement at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• From haunted lighthouse cruises to Riverhead’s Edgar Allan Poe Festival, spooky walks at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge to Rocky Horror parties, now’s the time to start planning for Halloween. The Beacon’s Halloween events listings are online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.