• It will be sunny today, with a high near 50 degrees and wind chill values between 25 and 35 early, with a northwest wind around 18 miles per hour, gusting as high as 30 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 29. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 59. There’s a 30 percent chance of morning showers Saturday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 63.
• Vietnam War veteran and photographer Jim “Zak” Szakmary will share his photos and stories from the war in a special program this morning at 11 a.m. at the Southampton Historical Museum. More details are online here. [Free]
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss amendments to the town code regarding accessory apartments and the town’s Sagaponack Wildlife Management Program at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board’s work session this morning has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the town’s hamlet study for the hamlet of East Hampton and its district business plan, as well as numerous Community Preservation Fund acquisitions at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association will hold two debates for State Legislature next Monday, Oct. 22 at 7 p.m. at the Southampton Town Community Center on Ponquogue Avenue. State Senator Kenneth P. LaValle will debate his Democratic challenger, Greg Fischer and incumbent State Assemblyman Fred Thiele will debate Republican challenger Patrick O’Connor. More details are online at hbcivic.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:06 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:14 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Greenport: 6:43 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:17 a.m., 7:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:38 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:05 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:12 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:48 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:57 a.m., 3:14 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:58 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:06 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Greenport: 7:35 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:10 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:57 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:04 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:43 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:52 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.