This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.18.19
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 59 degrees, with a northwest wind around 17 miles per hour, gusting as high as 29. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 40. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 60 and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
• In this month’s Dave’s Desk@Ditch: “We can be so intent on caring for others or on pleasing them or pacifying them or avoiding conflict with them that we don’t clearly face our own needs, our own situation.”
• This morning is your last chance to order birdseed from the Quogue Wildlife Refuge’s annual Seed Sale fundraiser. More details are online here.
• The 20th Annual Shelter Island Fall 5K Run and 5K Walk, created out of love and memory for those who fight breast and women’s cancers, will be held tomorrow, Oct. 19 at 11 a.m. at Crescent Beach. More information is online at shelterislandfall5k.com.
• The East Marion Community Association and the Orient Association present a forum with candidates for Southold Town Supervisor and Southold Town Board tomorrow, Oct. 19 from 3 to 6 p.m. at Poquatuck Hall in Orient. More details are online here.
• The Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library will host a “Great Giveback Community Breakfast” this Saturday at 10 a.m., with coffee and breakfast treats and a chance to talk with your neighbors and civic leaders about making the North Fork a better place. All are welcome and no registration is required.
• On this Saturday, Oct. 19, The Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center will screen the new feature film The Last Full Measure for an audience of veterans, free of charge, ahead of its wide release. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:18 a.m., 1:25 p.mm
Montauk Harbor: 12:26 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Greenport: 1:55 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:44 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:50 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:17 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:24 a.m., 3:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:09 a.m., 12:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:21 a.m., 11:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:04 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:12 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
Greenport: 2:41 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:32 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:36 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:03 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:10 a.m., 4:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:59 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:13 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.