• Snow totals are in to the National Weather Service for yesterday’s storm, with Orient and Sag Harbor tying for the most snow on the East End with 6 inches reported in both locations, followed by Mattituck with 5.6 inches, Quogue and Southampton with 5.3 inches, Riverhead with 4.7 inches, Calvertion with 4.5 inches and Jamesport with 3.5 inches.
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 29 degrees and wind chill values between 5 and 15, with a northwest wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. We’re expecting increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 20. Tuesday will be cloudy, with a high near 39 and a chance of snow before 8 a.m., then rain, snow, and sleet likely. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
• New York State has issued a list of pre-existing conditions that will enable previously ineligible people to be vaccinated against Covid-19 in the state beginning Feb. 15. Here’s more information.
• Suffolk County reported 854 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Sunday, with 5.2 percent of the people tested testing positive. There are currently 647 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 140 of them in ICU and 23 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported 16 new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 2,879 people.
• Local Boy Scouts on the North Fork are offering to help members of the community who need their snow shoveled. Text 631.255.4813 if you’d like some help.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:50 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:58 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Greenport: 7:27 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:16 a.m., 8:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:22 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:49 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:56 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:57 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:06 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:42 a.m., 8:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:50 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Greenport: 8:19 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:13 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:14 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:41 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:48 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:56 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:05 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.