• Snow is likely before noon today, then rain and snow likely between noon and 3 p.m., then rain likely after 3 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 39. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch is possible. Wind chill values will be between 25 and 35. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow before 9 p.m. tonight, with skies clearing throughout the night and a low around 21. We’re expecting increasing clouds Wednesday, with a high near 32. We’re expecting snow again on Thursday, mainly before 10 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 31. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch is possible.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a Climate Emergency declaration, leaf blower legislation, the Wainscott Hamlet Study and revisions to the town’s solar code at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on changes to its sand mining code and on Covid-related code changes regarding outdoor dining at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda.
• Suffolk County reported 696 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Monday, with 5.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There are currently 652 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 137 of them in ICU. The county reported six new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 2,885 people.
• New York State Senator Anthony Palumbo is hosting a New York Blood Center Blood Drive today from noon to 6 p.m. at Suite 301 in the Tanger Mall. Reservations are preferred, online here.
• Drawdown East End, the North Fork Environmental Council and the Rogers Memorial Library host a Zoom program this evening on “Lawn & Landscape for the Future” this evening at 6:30 p.m. Here’s how to register.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:42 a.m., 8:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:50 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Greenport: 8:19 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:13 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:14 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:41 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:48 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:56 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:05 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:31 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:39 a.m., 8 p.m.
Greenport: 9:08 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:06 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:03 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:30 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:37 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:48 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:57 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.