• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 65 degrees and a calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 52. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 71 and Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 70.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons, North Fork & Shelter Island will hold its first of two virtual debates this evening at 7 p.m. Tonight’s debate will be between Congressional candidates Lee Zeldin and Nancy Goroff. Tomorrow night’s debate, also at 7 p.m., will be between New York State Senate candidates Laura Ahearn and Anthony Palumbo. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 88 cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Sunday, with 1 percent of people tested testing positive. There are currently 35 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with five of them in ICU. The county reported no new deaths from the virus and the death toll here stands at 2,018.
• The Southold Town Board is expected to hold a Zoom public hearing tomorrow evening at 7 p.m. on a controversial proposal to change the zoning of the former Knights of Columbus hall on Depot Lane in Cutchogue to permit the construction of a 16-unit affordable housing complex. Here’s how to weigh in.
• Our columnist Dave Davis, a pre-school teacher at Head Start in Bridgehampton, talks about his work adjusting to the new normal this school year in this month’s Dave’s Desk@Ditch column.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:24 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
Greenport: 12:28 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:30 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:23 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:50 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:57 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:32 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:41 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:46 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
Greenport: 1:23 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:23 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:18 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:45 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:52 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:36 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.