• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 64 degrees and a northwest wind 14 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 53. Wednesday and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 72.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss fall traffic, the proposed Community Housing Fund, speeding on side streets, the 2022 budget and proposed house size legislation at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold public hearings on proposed uses of next year’s Community Development Block Grant funding, on creating a loading zone in Dean’s Parking Lot in Mattituck, a proposed stop sign on Mill Lane in Peconic and parking on Sunset Lane in Greenport at its 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the Zoom login for the work session, and here’s the login for the regular meeting. The agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss legal issues regarding the expiration of grant assurances at its airport, the town’s Coastal Action Resiliency Plan and potential legislation regarding the sale of cannabis at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Southampton Fire Department at 470 Hampton Road in Southampton will hold a New York Blood Center community blood drive this afternoon from noon to 6 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• East End Arts in Riverhead hosts a Zoom discussion on the stories of Hip Hop & Alt Rock icons who shaped the 90s from photographers who were there, in conjunction with its latest exhibition, “Mix Tape,” this evening at 6 p.m. Here’s how to register.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:31 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 9 p.m.
Greenport: 10:08 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:09 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:03 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:30 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:37 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:52 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:01 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:09 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:17 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Greenport: 10:46 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:48 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:41 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:30 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:39 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.