• We’re expecting a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. today, with partly sunny skies, a southwest wind 8 to 14 miles per hour and a high near 63. The 20 percent chance of rain continues overnight, with a low around 41. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 55, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 50.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss FAA hearings on helicopter routes and the tentative 2019 town budget at their 9:30 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold public hearings on proposed rental permits and local housing and community development block grant needs at their 7:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special meeting and work session this morning at 10 a.m. to accept the resignation of an environmental planner and commence the search for a new environmental planner. Their agenda is posted online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on using Community Preservation Fund money to protect the new facade of the Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center and on the proposed acquisition of the Bel-Aire Cove Motel in Hampton Bays for the purpose of community development at their 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Accabonac Protection Committee has announced they will hold a special forum titled “From the Ice Age to Our Taps: A Forum on Our Drinking Water” next Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 5:30 p.m. at Ashawagh Hall. All are welcome to attend.
• The Mattituck American Legion has announced they will host a World War I-themed “Camp Show”, in Honor and Celebration of the American Legion’s 100th Anniversary, and the end of the Great War, on Saturday, Nov. 3 from 7 to 11 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:37 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Greenport: 10:14 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:02 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:09 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:36 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:43 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:41 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:50 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:12 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Greenport: 10:49 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:40 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:44 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: Midnight, 12:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:17 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:26 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.