• We’re expecting patchy frost before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 53 degrees, a light northwest wind, and wind chill values between 25 and 35 early. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 40. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 61 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
• The Concerned Citizens of Montauk will be hosting a question and answer session on East Hampton Town’s septic rebate program this morning from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at their headquarters in Montauk. More details are online here.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association will hold two debates for State Legislature this evening, Oct. 22 at 7 p.m. at the Southampton Town Community Center on Ponquogue Avenue. State Senator Kenneth P. LaValle will debate his Democratic challenger, Greg Fischer and incumbent State Assemblyman Fred Thiele will debate Republican challenger Patrick O’Connor. More details are online at hbcivic.org.
• Many of us are living just one or two paychecks away from financial ruin, with little inkling that we are not only not alone, but we are in the same boat as many of our fellow Americans. Dave Davis discusses what we can all do to help one another in this month’s Dave’s Desk@Ditch.
• Riverside Rediscovered’s free fall art classes in conjunction with the Children’s Museum of the East End start tomorrow, Oct. 23 from 5 to 6 p.m and continue on Tuesday afternoons through Nov. 27. To register, call 631.591.3926 or email email@example.com.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:01 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Greenport: 9:38 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:23 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:07 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:03 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:37 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Greenport: 10:14 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:02 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:09 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:36 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:43 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:41 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:50 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.