• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 51 degrees and a southeast wind 5 to 10 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 44. We’re expecting rain Saturday, mostly before noon, with a high near 52. Sunday will be mostly cloudy and breezy with a high near 45 and a 50 percent chance of rain.
This weekend is filled with cultural events throughout the East End. Here are some highlights:
• The weekend kicks off with Carols & Cookies at the Jamesport Meeting House this evening at 6:30 p.m., featuring the Riverhead High School Chamber Chorus. [$5 Donation Appreciated]
• The Southampton Cultural Center presents “Antigone Now,” a new play by Melissa Cooper produced by the The Black Box Performance Project and based on Sophicles’ “Antigone” tonight and tomorrow night at 7 p.m. More details are online here. [$15]
• The North Fork Art Collective will hold a holiday art market tomorrow and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Borghese Vineyard in Cutchogue. More details are online here.
• Simon Van Booy, the author of “The Sadness of Beautiful Things,” will read at Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor on Saturday at 5 p.m.
• Beat Box virtuoso Baba Israel headlines a special Jam Session concert Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Southampton Arts Center. [$15]
• The Southold Opera hosts its annual holiday concert on Sunday at 3 p.m., featuring performers from the French American Choir of New York and the Southold Opera Chorus. [$35]
• The Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center has announced they will hold a special free afternoon of caroling, treats and a screening of “It’s A Wonderful Life,” this coming Sunday, Dec. 16, beginning at 4 p.m., on the second anniversary of the Sag Harbor Cinema fire, at Sag Harbor’s Christ Episcopal Church. More details are online here. [Free]
• Get all these and more details online in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:46 a.m., 2:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:54 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Greenport: 3:23 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:54 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:18 a.m., 3:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:45 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:52 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:37 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:52 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:51 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Greenport: 4:20 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:44 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:15 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:42 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:49 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:22 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:31 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.