• We are expecting fairly reasonable weather for the next couple days. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers this morning, with the temperature heading to the high 40s. Tomorrow will be sunny and near 50 degrees. Rain and wind move in to the East End on Wednesday, turning to snow as the temperature falls on Thursday, when we’re likely to see more snow and highs in the upper 20s. But Thursday is a long time away.
• Southold Town is looking for business owners throughout town to participate in its annual summer job and internship fair on Sat., April 19 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Peconic Lane Recreation Center. They’re looking for employers who need seasonal help for the summer or are looking to serve as a mentor to students who need meaningful job skills and business experience. More information is on the town’s website here.
• Kids in grades five through nine who live in Riverhead Town have until March 31 to submit essays to town hall to be selected to win a reconditioned bicycle, courtesy of the Riverhead Alternative Transportation Committee, Cornell Cooperative Extension and Twin Forks Bicycles. The essays must be about their interest in bicycling and must be between 250 and 500 words. Essays must be submitted to the office of Councilwoman Jodi Giglio, Town Hall, 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901 by March 31. Twin Forks Bicycles on Main Street in Riverhead is accepting bicycle donations for the program, and is giving donors gift certificates for 10 percent off of the purchase of a new bike.
• Southampton Town has rescheduled its Flanders Community Garden meeting for tomorrow, March 11 at 6 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center.
• We’re compiling our list of St. Patrick’s Day festivities online here. If you have an event you’d like added to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it included. Thank you.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.