• The folks over at Save East Hampton announced Saturday that PSEG agreed at a meeting at town hall Friday to issue a letter next week committing to make a public promise to remove and relocate the poles and new transmission line being built through a series of East Hampton backroads within 16 months, pending financing for an alternative solution, though PSEG intends to first complete the installation of the current line so it will be in place for this summer. They will consider three alternate routes. Save East Hampton will be meeting Monday night to review the proposal.
• North Fork Audubon will hold a seminar on attracting ruby-throated hummingbirds to your garden at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport this afternoon at 2 p.m. More information is online here.
• Today’s the date for the Springs Seedling Project’s sixth annual Empty Bowls fundraiser for the greenhouse at the Springs School, beginning at noon at the Amagansett American Legion. More information is online here.
• World music great Oliver Mtukudzi will be playing at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center tonight at 8 p.m. More information is online here.
• The Beacon’s photos from ZIMA at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge yesterday are online here.
• You set your clocks ahead this morning, right?
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.