Pictured Above: At the North Ferry, Shelter Island
• We’re expecting areas of fog before 9 a.m. today but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76 degrees, with light and variable winds becoming east at 5 to 7 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 54. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 78, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 73.
• The Moby-Dick Marathon reading throughout the Village of Sag Harbor, sponsored by Canio’s Books, kicks off at noon today! More details are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton plays host to an Art For Health Lecture Series program titled “Looking Forward to Aging on the East End” tomorrow, June 8, from 3 to 5 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Rites of Spring Music Festival’s presentation of composer Christopher Cerrone’s innovative work, “Liminal Highway,” will be held at Custer Observatory in Southold tomorrow at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25. More details are online here.
• The Eastville Community Historical Society will present a musical performance by Voices of Virtue and a new production about the Underground Railroad on Long Island titled “Running Scared, Running Free” at Guild Hall on Sunday from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $20. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:13 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Greenport: 1:50 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:45 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:45 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:12 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:19 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:18 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:19 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:09 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:17 a.m., 2 p.m.
Greenport: 2:46 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:41 a.m., 4:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:41 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:08 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:15 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:17 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today