• There’s a chance of snow between 8 and 11 a.m. this morning, with rain likely this afternoon. The high temperature will be near 40 degrees, and we’re expecting new snow accumulation of less than a half inch. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 31. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 59 and a 20 percent chance of rain after 3 p.m. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, with a high near 52.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a work session at town hall at 10 a.m. to discuss plans for the town’s animal shelter, the Riverside Maritime Trail Park, and a new volunteer ambulance building. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss downtown code amendments, recycling in Suffolk County and public safety at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Cindy Pease Roe will lead a workshop on creating a baby whale ornament with upcycled materials this evening at 6 p.m. at the Southampton Arts Center. More details are online here. [$20 for materials]
• Hallockville Museum Farm’s Old Time Jam Band meets tonight at 7 p.m. All are welcome to join in! More details are online here. [Free]
• Beginning next Monday, Dec. 17, Southold Town is switching from its current single-stream recycling pattern to a three-stream pattern. As of Monday, paper and cardboard will be comingled together, #1 and #2 plastic and metal cans will be comingled together and glass must be separated into its own category. If an item is dirty or does not fit in those categories, it must be disposed of with household garbage.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:52 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Greenport: 2:29 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:05 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:24 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:51 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:58 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:50 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:06 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:46 a.m., 2:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:54 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Greenport: 3:23 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:54 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:18 a.m., 3:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:45 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:52 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:37 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:52 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.