• Today will be sunny, with a high near 39 degrees and a northwest wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 21. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 39 degrees and a chance of flurries after noon. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 49.
• “We’re now living in an era where discord itself has become the centerpiece of our daily conversation, seemingly with nowhere to hide.” Beacon Columnist Dave Davis seeks solutions for this discord in this month’s column: Healing a Wounded World.
• The Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association and Riverside Rediscovered will host a Community Holiday Party this evening, Dec. 12 at 6 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road. Everyone is welcome. More details are online here.
• Looking ahead to tomorrow, the Southampton Town Board will hold a work session at town hall at 10 a.m. to discuss the Riverside Maritime Trail Park, now in the final stages of design. The public is welcome to listen.
• The Southampton Town Board, in its capacity as Commissioners of the Hampton Bays Water District, will be hosting a Community Informational Forum in the Auditorium of the Hampton Bays High School, 88 East Argonne Road in Hampton Bays on Tuesday, December 18 at 7:30 p.m. to allow interested community members to hear and discuss the pros and cons of the Suffolk County Water Authority assuming the management of the Hampton Bays Water District.
• Pierson High School and Suffolk County Legislator Bridget Fleming are teaming up for a NARCAN opioid antidote administration workshop and a drug take back event on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library. For more details on this free event, call Ms. Fleming’s office at 631.852.8400.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:59 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:07 a.m., 12:21 p.m.
Greenport: 1:36 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:19 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:31 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:58 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:05 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:03 a.m., 12:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:20 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:52 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Greenport: 2:29 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:05 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:24 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:51 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:58 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:50 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:06 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.