This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.11.18
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40 degrees and a light and variable wind becoming south around 6 miles per hour in the morning. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 23. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 38, and Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 41 and a chance of flurries after noon.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss an update to the town’s Community Housing Opportunity Fund Management Plan, the town’s electric car fleet and charging program and the Wainscott building moratorium at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on two Community Preservation Fund acquisitions, in Flanders and Westhampton, and on several street signage changes at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon at town hall. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss septic requirements for expansion and sale of property, requirements for demolition of property, West Neck water wells and hear a presentation from the Community Housing Board at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society has announced they will hold a nature book sale this coming Saturday, Dec. 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Red House at Inlet Pond County Park in Greenport. More details are online here.
• The Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center has announced they will hold a special free afternoon of caroling, treats and a screening of “It’s A Wonderful Life,” this coming Sunday, Dec. 16, beginning at 4 p.m., on the second anniversary of the Sag Harbor Cinema fire, at Sag Harbor’s Christ Episcopal Church. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:10 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:33 a.m.
Greenport: 12:47 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:35 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:42 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:09 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:16 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:26 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:35 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:59 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:07 a.m., 12:21 p.m.
Greenport: 1:36 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:19 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:31 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:58 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:05 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:03 a.m., 12:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:20 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.