• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 49 degrees and a northeast wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 28. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 50, and Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 53.
• ProHEALTH has opened a drive-thru COVID-19 testing facility inat 1149 Route 58 in Riverhead, just west of the Staples shopping center. Drive-thru testing at the Riverhead facility is by appointment only and is open to all, not limited to ProHEALTH Primary Care patients. Individuals experiencing Covid-19 symptoms and wishing to speak to a medical professional, or who wish to make an appointment at the Riverhead drive-thru testing facility, can call the ProHEALTH dedicated hotline at 1.516.874.0411. The drive-through testing site is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The StatHealth walk-in clinic in Cutchogue is temporarily closed so the clinic network can reallocate its staff to respond to the coronavirus outbreak. The company is asking patients to instead use its Riverhead location at the former Pizza Hut on the circle on Route 58 in Riverhead.
• As of Monday afternoon, there have been 5,791 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Suffolk County, up 768 cases since Sunday, with 601 patients hospitalized, 181 in ICU and 44 deaths. The county reports 135 cases in Southold, 78 cases in Southampton, 69 cases in Riverhead, 19 cases in East Hampton and 1 on Shelter Island.
• On Monday, Governor Cuomo issued an executive order postponing the circulating and filing of nominating petitions for any office, originally set to commence on March 31. This postponement of the petition process applies to village elections on the East End scheduled for June of 2020. The governor also ordered the postponement of any school board,
library board, or village election scheduled to take place in April or May
of 2020, which includes all school budget and school board votes on the East End this spring.
• Eastern Long Island Kampground in Greenport is offering free campground spots with water, electric, and sewer hookups for healthcare workers in need of housing during the Covid-19 outbreak. They are also working with local restaurants to offer free food and delivery to the campground. For more information, call 631.477.0222 or visit their website.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.