• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high temperature near 55 degrees and a 40 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m., with a calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be cloudy overnight, with a low around 36. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 48 and a 20 percent chance of showers before 1 p.m. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 48.
• Several East End town supervisors, Shinnecock Nation leaders and village mayors called on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to “consider placing temporary limitations on non-essential travel from New York City to our area” in a letter Friday to the governor. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Mental health care workers have a message for the community: We are working, and we are here for you. Here are some details about how to get the help you may need.
• The latest on the Covid-19 situation in Suffolk: As of 2:30 p.m. Sunday, there were 5,023 cases of the new coronavirus in Suffolk County, with 502 patients hospitalized, 160 of them in intensive care. Forty people in the county have died. Southold Town has 138 cases, Southampton has 79, Riverhead has 68, East Hampton has 22 and Shelter Island has one.
• Stony Brook Southampton Hospital has joined other local hospitals in setting up a Meal Train website for the community to donate food to its staff. Here is the info for Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital in Greenport’s Meal Train website and Peconic Bay Medical Center’s Meal Train website.
• Today is the last day to subscribe online to receive The Beacon’s April print edition. Thank you for supporting all the work we do!
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.