• Today will be sunny, with a high near 73 degrees and a northwest wind 7 to 9 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 48. Tomorrow is expected to be sunny, with a high near 66 degrees. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain after 3 p.m. Friday, with a high near 67 degrees, and there’s a 40 percent chance of rain before noon on Saturday, when the high will be near 62 degrees.
• The three candidates running for Riverhead Town Supervisor this November are a study in contrasts, and their different attitudes toward the environment were on stark display in a forum on environmental issues Monday night. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Members of the public who spend a lot of time in Southold Town may soon have access to most of the town’s electric car charging stations, and the town is also looking to create more stations for public use. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• East End Arts in Riverhead hosts their fourth annual “Arts Mean Business” conference tomorrow morning, Oct. 8 at 9 a.m. at The Suffolk Theater. The conference explores both the economic and cultural benefits to businesses when they partner with the arts. Tickets are $10 in advance for EEA members, $15 in advance for non-members and $20 at the door. More information is online here.
• The Montauk Library will host a free screening tonight at 7 p.m. of the film “Reel Montauk,” which explores the history of the not-so-quiet fishing village. Filmmaker John Barrett will be on hand to answer questions after the showing. [Free]
• The ARF 2016 Pet Calendar, with cover art by April Gornik, is now on sale for $25. Supplies are limited. The calendars are available at the ARF Adoption Center or by phone at 631.537.0400 x214.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.