• Today will be sunny, with a high near 90 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Heat index values could be as high as 98. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening, mainly before 2 a.m. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 69. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Thursday, mainly after 8 a.m., with partly sunny skies and a high near 82. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm on Friday, with a high near 83 and new rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
• Jim Preston and Nelson Bogart perform acoustic rock in a free concert on the Old Point Schoolhouse Lawn at the Oysterponds Historical Society, 1555 Village Lane in Orient this evening at 7 p.m. For more information, visit oysterpondshistoricalsociety.org.
• Southold’s Summer Showcase Concert Series at Silversmith’s Corner (Route 25 and Youngs Ave.) presents Marty Attridge & Who Are Those Guys this evening at 7:30 p.m. The rain location is Southold’s First Presbyterian Church.
• Suffolk County Vector Control will be spraying for mosquitoes over salt marshes throughout the county and on the East End today through Friday between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. According to the county, “no precautions are recommended to prepare for this spraying, as the helicopter will be flying at a very low level over marsh areas and taking other precautions to control drift into inhabited areas.”
• Suffolk County reported 22 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, July 5, with 0.9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 31 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with four of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality, bringing the death toll from the virus here to 3,407 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:08 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Greenport: 9:37 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:33 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:32 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:59 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:06 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:03 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:43 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:51 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Greenport: 10:20 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:16 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:15 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:42 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:49 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:48 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:57 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.