• Today will be sunny, with a high near 50 degrees and wind chill values between 25 and 35 early, with the wind out of the northwest at 13 to 17 miles per hour. We’re expecting increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 31. We’re expecting rain Thursday, mainly after 2 p.m., with a high near 52 degrees. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
• Maybe you thought you’d had enough of politics this year, but if your attention has been sucked into the vacuum of the current presidential election, the Hampton Theatre Company’s new production of David Mamet’s “November,” on stage at the Quogue Community Hall through Nov. 6, could help inoculate you against the drama of the real election’s home stretch. The Beacon’s review is online here.
• There is plenty of live theater either currently on stage or opening over the next couple weeks throughout the East End. Start planning your theater-going today with our Performing Arts listings.
• Harrison Hunt will discuss “Sherlock Holmes and the Long Island Cave Mystery” tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. at Book & Bottle at the Suffolk County Historical Museum in Riverhead. More details are online here. [$5/Members Free]
• Tomorrow is also Teachers Night at BookHampton in East Hampton. Stop by between 5 and 7 p.m. to hear from their booksellers and representatives from several major publishers about the hottest books of the season. More details are online here.
• Slow Food East End is celebrating the Long Island Cheese Pumpkin at its “Long Island Cheese Pumpkin Barn Social” this Sunday at 4 p.m. at the Hallockville Museum Farm. Attendees are asked to bring a local dish to share (made with cheese pumpkins if possible) and come dressed for Halloween and ready to hear more about the history of this local pumpkin. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 6:37 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
Orient: 7:38 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
Greenport: 8:06 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:01 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:28 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:35 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:44 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:20 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Orient: 8:21 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Greenport: 8:49 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:44 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:11 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:18 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:34 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.