This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.30.18
• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 42 degrees and a 30 percent chance of light rain after 2 p.m. Skies will clear slightly overnight, with a low around 27. We’re expecting increasing clouds Saturday, with a high near 45. We’re expecting rain on Sunday, mostly in the morning, with a high near 58 degrees.
• Journalists aren’t known for our capacity for gratitude. We’re generally a miserable lot, demanding access to public officials, brooding for far too long over hate mail and perceived slights, working long hours with little sleep and little understanding from our families of the path we’ve chosen in life. It’s difficult for us to realize that we do have something to be grateful for. But we do. It’s you.
• Artist Steve Miller and writer Carl Safina will discuss their new book, “Radiographic,” looking closely at how human beings and their environment and objects are part of the larger whole through innovative use of equipment like electron microscopes, x-rays, MRI machines and even Rorschach blots this evening at 6 p.m. at the Parrish Art Museum. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center will host a screening of the film “Tribal Justice,” followed by a discussion with Shinnecock Nation leaders this evening, Nov. 30 at 6 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Hanukkah begins this Sunday, Dec. 2 and Greenport Village will be celebrating with a menorah lighting in Mitchell Park at 5 p.m. More details are online here.
• This weekend is chock-full of events throughout the East End. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
• The Beacon’s December print edition is now on more than 70 newsstands throughout the East End. Pick up a copy today to help support our mission of providing real news to the whole East End. Here’s where you can find it.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:28 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:36 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Greenport: 4:05 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:27 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:34 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:38 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:47 a.m., 1 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:34 a.m., 5 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:42 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Greenport: 5:11 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:59 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:06 a.m., 5:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:33 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:40 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:37 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:46 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.