This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.28.22
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 57 degrees and a northeast wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. We’re expecting partly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 34 and patchy frost after 4 a.m. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 59, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
• Early voting starts tomorrow, Oct. 29, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and continues through Sunday, Nov. 6. This year there will be an additional East End voting site at the Riverhead County Center. Here’s more info on early voting, and here’s our coverage of the big races and propositions on the ballot this year.
• Canio’s Books presents Novelist Jill Bialosky, author of “Deceptions,” and A.M. Homes, author of “The Unfolding” at The Church, 48 Madison Street in Sag Harbor this evening at 6 p.m. Here’s more info.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts a Halloween Silent Disco this evening from 7 to 11 p.m. Tickets are $15 and are available at southamptonartscenter.org.
• The Suffolk Theater in Riverhead hosts “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” tomorrow evening at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. for food, drink and a costume contest. Tickets are $35, $45 with a prop bag (no outside props are allowed). For more details, visit suffolktheater.com.
• The Beacon’s November print edition will be on these newsstands throughout the East End by mid-day today. Pick up a copy today! You’ll read much of our coverage in print before you find it here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:05 a.m., 12:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:31 a.m.
Greenport: 12:42 a.m., 1 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:43 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:37 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:04 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:11 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:31 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:04 a.m., 12:26 p.m.
Greenport: 1:33 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:34 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:28 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:55 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:02 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:02 a.m., 12:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:36 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.