Good Morning, and Happy Labor Day Weekend!
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 81 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 14 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers before 9 p.m. this evening, with partly cloudy skies overnight and a low around 64. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 78, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
• The Beacon’s September print edition is now on newsstands throughout the East End. Pick up a copy today! Our print edition supports much of the work we do, and you’ll read many stories in print before you’ll read them here.
• This Labor Day weekend is chock full of events throughout the East End. You can get the details in our Events Calendar. The Morning Bulletin is taking Labor Day off, but here are some of our top picks for celebrating the end of summer:
• Peconic Landing’s annual End-of-Summer Concert with the Atlantic Wind Symphony and fireworks show will be held on Sunday, Sept. 1 at 7 p.m. All are welcome to this free event.
• The 3Bs will perform at this year’s Tumbleweed Tuesday concert on the Montauk Green from 3 to 6 p.m.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:09 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:27 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Greenport: 10:46 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:51 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:41 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:32 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:41 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Greenport: 11:37 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:12 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:32 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:33 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:40 a.m., 1:06 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:22 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:31 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.