• We’re expecting periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 3 p.m. today, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 3 p.m., with a high near 67. It will be breezy, with a southwest wind 17 to 20 miles per hour, gusting as high as 30. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 55 and a 40 percemt chance of precipitation. Sunday will be mostly sunny and windy with a high near 44.
• The stretch of Dune Road between Hampton Bays and Quogue may have the support of disaster recovery funding after all. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Peconic Land Trust hosts a workshop on preserving your older house at the Rogers Mansion in Southampton this afternoon at 3 p.m. [Free] More information on the options available for preserving your historic Southampton home is online here.
• Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor presents readings by poet Tom Yuill and fiction writer Iris Smyles this evening at 5 p.m. The writers are artists-in-residence at Guild Hall’s Guild House residency program. [Free]
• Gene Casey of the Lone Sharks will be the guest performer at Songwriters Share concert at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork tonight at 8 p.m. The concert will benefit Community Action Southold Town (CAST). Tickets are $15 and more information is online here. The Beacon’s full music listings for the week ahead are online here.
• Dr. Christopher Gobler of Stony Brook Southampton will give his annual State of the Bays address, this year titled “Challenges, Victories, Solutions,” tonight, April 1 at 7 p.m. in Duke Lecture Hall at the Stony Brook Southampton campus.
• Gardening season is beginning across the East End, and Bridge Gardens in Bridgehampton is celebrating today with a pruning workshop at 1 p.m. [$5}], and from noon to 5 p.m. tomorrow with their season-opening celebration [Free]. The Beacon’s full gardening and farming events calendar is online for the season here.
• Music at the Jamesport Meeting House presents a concert by world-acclaimed pianist Magdalena Baczewska this Saturday, April 2 at 7:30 p.m.. Tickets ate $20 in advance or $25 at the door. More information is online here.
• This Saturday, Latin American actors, songwriters, storytellers and poets will take the stage at Guild Hall for “Soy Maria, Soy Mujer,” a celebration of the energy, beauty and triumph of Latina women. Tickets range from $10 to $20. More information is online here.
• The Southold Historical Society is hosting a community conversation on the society’s mission and goals for the future this Saturday, April 2 from 9:30 a.m. to noon at the First Presbyterian Church in Southold. The historical society is also asking members of the public to respond to a survey, available online here. For more information, call 631.765.5500.
• The Beacon’s full events calendar, packed to the brim with ideas for things to do this weekend and throughout the upcoming month, is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.