This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.21.17
• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, mostly before 2 p.m., with a high near 57 degrees and a southeast wind 7 to 9 miles per hour. Overnight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 59, and Sunday will be cloudy, with a high near 55 and a 30 percent chance of light rain.
• Earth Day will soon be upon us! From NFEC’s second annual Earth Day 5K to the Great Montauk Cleanup, to a stroll along the Peconic River with PEP to day-long events at nature preserves around the twin forks, there’s plenty to celebrate this weekend. Our full Earth Day listings are online here.
• North Fork Audubon is celebrating the return of the bald eagle to Long Island’s skies with a special presentation, “Bald Eagles on Long Island,” this Friday evening, April 21 at 7:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. More details are online here.
• The Southold Town Democratic Club will hold a seminar titled “Local Politics 101: A Crash Course in Town Politics” tomorrow, April 22, from 9 a.m. to noon. at Greenport’s Holy Trinity Episcopal Church at 768 Main Street. Former Democratic Congressional Candidate Dave Calone will be the guest speaker at this free event. More information is online here.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin will participate in a Community Forum hosted by Suffolk County Community College in Northampton this Sunday, April 23 from 2 to 3 p.m. The forum will be held in the Shinnecock Building, Lecture Hall 101 at the Eastern Campus 121 Speonk-Riverhead Road, Riverhead.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the full details in our events calendar, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:33 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 5:41 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Greenport: 7:10 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:41 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:05 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:32 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:39 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:12 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:21 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:29 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
Greenport: 7:58 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:37 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:53 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:20 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:27 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:13 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.