• We’re expecting a 40 percent chance of showers today, mainly before 10 a.m., with patchy fog early. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 61 degrees and a southwest wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the morning. There’s also a 40 percent chance of showers overnight and into Friday, with thunderstorms possible and a low around 48. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a high near 56. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 61.
• The U.S. Supreme Court has asked for further briefing on East Hampton Town’s petition for the country’s highest court to hear their case on whether they can enact rules at their municipally owned airport. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Offshore wind may be a big part of the future for the East End’s energy grid, after Governor Andrew Cuomo committed the state to acquiring the power from 2.4 gigawatts of offshore wind by 2030 in his State of the State Address in January. The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons held a forum on Monday to discuss just what this future might look like. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a bike sharing proposal, liaison reports, project updates and the agenda for their April 25 meeting at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board’s work session for this morning has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board plans to issue notice to bidders who want to buy surplus oyster seed and construct ADA compliant beach access ramps at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverside Rediscovered will hold their monthly meet-up this evening, April 20 at 6:30 p.m. at their headquarters at 108 Peconic Avenue in Riverside. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:39 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 4:47 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
Greenport: 6:16 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:42 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6:11 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:38 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:45 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:13 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:33 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 5:41 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Greenport: 7:10 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:41 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:05 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:32 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:39 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:12 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.