• Today will be sunny, with a high near 65 degrees and an east wind around 10 miles per hour. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 43. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 74, and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
• Less than a month after a bill granting vessels safe harbor in New York was signed by Governor Andrew Cuomo, a fishing vessel bound for North Carolina carrying 6,000 pounds of fluke has tested the new policy, straining New York’s federally designated fluke quotas. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• This Thursday’s moon is the Harvest Moon, and our cooking experts, William Sertl and Alison Boyd, have a make-ahead feast prepared to help you celebrate the fall harvest season.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the restoration of Montauk’s Second House, Hampton Hopper’s season recap, the town’s potential FAA application for airport noise relief and a discussion of the tentative 2018 budget at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a public hearing on a water main extension to the proposed Peconic Care Research, Recovery and Rehabilitation Center at Jan Way in Calverton at their 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• JDT Lab at Guild Hall will present a staged reading of Kenny Mann’s mythical poem “Naisula: A Prayer for a White Woman, Her African Servant, A Shaman and A Spirit Child” this evening at 7:30 p.m. [Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Greenport: 9:25 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:11 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:47 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:54 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:58 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:25 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:33 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Greenport: 10:02 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:53 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:57 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:24 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:31 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:40 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.