• Today will be sunny, with a high near 70 degrees and a north wind 5 to 7 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 43. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 68 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 72.
• Our correspondent Kara Westerman is exploring two hidden gem films that are among the plethora of projects that made it into next weekend’s Hamptons International Film Festival. Read her account online here.
• The Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association is partnering tonight with the Bay View Pines & Waters Edge Civic Associations to present a discussion with candidates running for Southampton Town Board and Supervisor at 7 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road. Candidates will introduce themselves and take questions from the audience. All are welcome to attend.
• SUNY Stony Brook researchers confirmed the presence Friday of new toxic cyanobacteria blooms at Fort Pond in Montauk, Poxabogue Pond in Sagaponack, and Sayre Pond and Coopers Neck Pond in Southampton. The Suffolk County Health Department is asking residents not to use or swim or wade in these waters and to keep their pets and children away. More details are online here.
• The East Marion Community Association and the Orient Association are looking for questions from the public for a Southold Town Board and Trustee candidate forum to be held at Poquatuck Hall on Saturday, Oct. 14 at 10 a.m. Questions must be emailed to email@example.com by Oct. 6. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:10 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:18 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Greenport: 8:47 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:27 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:42 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:09 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:16 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:12 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Greenport: 9:25 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:11 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:47 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:54 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:58 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.