This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.22.21
• There’s an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms at some point today, mostly after 2 p.m., with a steady temperature around 72 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 13 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the morning. We’re expecting showers overnight, with a low around 56. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 78, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 78.
• Today is political primary day in New York State. Locally, the most hotly contested contest is a Democratic primary for town council and supervisor in East Hampton. Here’s a list of primaries today in Suffolk County, here’s where to look up your polling place, and here’s more info on the East Hampton race.
• Drawdown East End is holding a discussion on “Fabrics of the Future” via Zoom tomorrow evening, June 23, from 7 to 8 p.m. They’ll be discussing the future of fashion — everything from plants and plastic for clothing, to the labor market, recycling, upcycling, and even clothing as a value statement, the new trend is “you are what you wear.” Here’s the Zoom login.
• If you missed last week’s Quogue Wildlife Refuge discussion on “Nature’s Best Hope,” how you can turn your backyard into an oasis for wildlife, with Doug Tallamy, you can still watch it on YouTube. Here’s the link.
• Suffolk County reported 26 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, June 20, with 0.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 56 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 10 of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality, bringing the death toll here to 3,401 people.
• The Southampton Town Board meets at 6 p.m. today. They’re slated to hold a public hearing on a parkland swap in Hampton Bays. Here’s the agenda and here’s the Zoom login info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:10 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:18 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Greenport: 8:47 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:47 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:42 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:09 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:16 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:18 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:27 a.m., 6 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:02 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:10 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Greenport: 9:39 a.m., 10:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:43 a.m., 11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:34 a.m., 9:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:01 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:08 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:18 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:27 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.