• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 77 degrees and light and variable winds, becoming west 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be clear overnight, with areas of fog and a low around 54. We’re expecting sunny skies and some morning fog on Wednesday, with a high near 78, and sunny skies on Thursday, with a high near 73.
• Candidate forums for local town and county offices are beginning to be set ahead of the Nov. 7 general election and early voting, which lasts from Oct. 28 to Nov. 5. Here’s more info.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the East Hampton Town Airport Superfund site, the 25th Anniversary of the East Hampton Trails Preservation Society, the tentative 2023 budget, a draft Stretch Energy Code and ordinance enforcement at their 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Riverhead Town Board is slated to hold two public hearings at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon on moratoriums on industrial development in Calverton and on Battery Energy Storage Facilities. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Second Annual Greenport Sound & Skate Festival, celebrating skate culture and the village’s skate park on Moore’s Lane, will be held this Saturday, Oct. 7 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Here’s more info.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center hosts the Inaugural Witness Walk for Breast Cancer Awareness on Saturday, Oct. 14. Registration begins at 8 a.m., the walk begins at 9:30 a.m. and lunch will follow. More details are at runsignup.com/Race/NY/Bridgehampton/TheCenterWitnessWalk.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:08 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Greenport: 1:37 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:38 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:32 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:59 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:06 a.m., 3:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:15 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:46 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:54 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:02 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Greenport: 2:31 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:31 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:26 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:53 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:10 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:39 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.