This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.22.22
The community came out on Saturday morning, August 20, to support the Southampton Village Ocean Rescue in the organization’s first Smile Swim Challenge.
• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, with a high temperature near 79 degrees and an east wind 6 to 8 miles per hour. It will be cloudy overnight, with a low around 70 and a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 84 degrees and a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 86.
• Construction began Aug. 17 on the Three Mile Harbor housing complex, a $33 million development by Georgica Green Ventures and the East Hampton Housing Authority that is designed to bring 50 new energy-efficient rental apartments to East Hampton. Read More.
• Beacon columnist Dave Davis is a firm believer that when we choose to act in alignment with our core values, every experience presents itself as an opportunity to not only learn more about others, and is also a mirror, allowing us to view ourselves in action. Read more in this month’s column, “Everyone’s Task is Unique.”
• The Cravin Band performs funk, classic rock and blues at Greenport’s Dancing in the Park in Mitchell Park this evening from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs.
• Suffolk County reported 388 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Aug. 21, with 7.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 213 people hospitalized with the virus, with 49 percent of them hospitalized due to Covid and 18 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 4,543 people since March of 2020.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:24 a.m.,6:49 p.m.
Greenport: 7:53 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:39 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:48 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:15 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:22 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:05 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:14 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:04 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:12 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Greenport: 8:41 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:36 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:03 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:10 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:02 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:11 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.