• Today we might see isolated showers after 4 p.m. We might see patchy fog before 9 a.m. But sandwiched in between it will be partly sunny, with a high near 67 degrees and a calm wind, becoming southwest 5 to 8 miles per hour in the morning. The chance of precipitation is 20 percent. There’s a 30 percent chance of scattered showers overnight, and a chance of isolated showers before 9 a.m. tomorrow. Otherwise, tomorrow is expected to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 68 degrees. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 62 degrees, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 54.
• Real estate prices continued to climb in the third quarter of 2015, but sales pace slowed and inventory is more difficult to come by, when compared with the third quarter of 2014, which was a banner season for real estate on the East End. The Beacon’s full report is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss police and highway department budgets, as well as the status of several municipal works projects, at their 11 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will host public hearings on Community Development Block Grant Fund requests, the town’s 2016 budget and a Community Preservation Fund acquisition at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead Town’s Senior Center at 60 Shade Tree Lane will host a Senior Health Fair Extravaganza from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today. There will be exhibitors on hand to talk about transitioning from a nursing home back into the community, disease management, lending services, counseling, advocacy and information on independent living centers.
• Today’s Riverhead Town Board work session has been cancelled.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.