• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 64 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a slight chance of showers and a low around 58 degrees. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm tomorrow, with a high near 66. Rain is also likely Saturday, mostly in the morning, with a high near 63 degrees.
• The Jewish Center of the Hamptons in East Hampton will hold an interfaith vigil for victims of the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh tonight at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a draft report on the Damascus Road Landfill, 2019 reassessment and exemption changes for senior citizens, a proposed reorganization of the business management department and new rules for town Citizen Advisory Committees at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a vote timeline on the proposed EPCAL sale, the 2019 preliminary town budget, proposed alternative energy at the town landfill, proposed downtown code amendments, and changes to the town’s special assembly code at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the town’s Amagansett hamlet study, the proposed 2019 town budget and several scenic and conservation easements at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• Gregory M. Metzger will present a lecture titled “Long Island’s White Shark Research” in the Duke Lecture Hall of Chancellor’s Hall on the Stony Brook Southampton Campus tomorrow evening at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center will hold a preview screening of Joe Lauro’s new film, “Peter, Paul & Mary at Newport, 1963-1965” at Pierson High School in Sag Harbor on Saturday, Nov. 3 at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:46 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:54 a.m., 4:24 p.m.
Greenport: 5:23 a.m., 5:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:14 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:18 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:45 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:52 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:53 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:02 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:52 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Greenport: 6:29 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:18 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:24 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:51 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:58 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:55 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:04 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.